There are a number of different steps that can be taken to minimize data loss
· Frequent backups – Regular data backups are an important asset to have when trying to recover after a data loss event, but they don’t do much to prevent user errors or system failures
· Use a UPS – this will only protect against common power problems
· Use a Firewall – for protection against hacking or illegal access
· Use an anti-Virus program – for protection against viruses, Trojans and worms
· Keep virus pattern file up to date – speaks for itself
· Use a RAID disk system – for protection against certain types of software and hardware failures.
No single step will completely protect your computer against data loss, but the possibility of a possible loss can be minimized.