Tips on removing Hard Drives | Hdd Recovery
- Never physically open up your drive. Exposure to unfiltered air, and the contaminants that it carries, can permanently ruin the platters.
- Treat your drive with care. Do not drop it or toss it around after you have removed it from your computer, as it is very delicate.
- Be especially careful with laptop drives. Although these drives are designed to be jostled and moved around, they are thinner and smaller than desktop drives. If their cases are bent or broken, it may become impossible to remount the drive.
- Do not format a disk unless you are absolutely sure that the drive works and contains no data that you want or need. Formatting will completely wipe the drive of all its contents.
- If you back up data to CDs or DVDs during the recovery process, check that the burning process was successful or you may lose the files forever when you reformat your drive.
Tags: CD, DVD, Format, Hard Drive, hdd, hdd recovery, Intratec, Tips on removing Hard Drives