Removable media refers to any external storage device such as optical disks(CD / DVD) , 3.5” Diskettes (“stiffies”) and portable USB Devices (memory sticks). Loss of data is a fairly common occurrence and in most cases it is possible to recover lost data.
EXAMPLES OF DATA LOSS SITUATIONS
- Inaccessible media
- Corrupted data
- Fire & water damage
- Media surface contamination and damage
- Accidental reformatting
- Accidental deletion of data
THE RECOVERY PROCESS
REMOVABLE TYPES, BRANDS, MODELS AND INTERFACES
- Diskettes in 3.5" format with 720Kb & 1.44Mb capacities, 5.25" format single and double-sided to 1.2Mb capacity.
- CD ROM, CD R/W, DVD-R, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM disks.
- Optical Formats for standalone & multi-cartridge Jukebox storage systems:
- Pinnacle range
- Imation range
- Iomega range
- FireWire and USB removable / portable drives.
- FlashCards such as SmartMedia and CompactFlash